2020 Bahamas Vessel Entry Fees
Bahamas changes entry fee scale
Entry fees for the Bahamas will be changing in 2020, according to the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism website. Currently, all boaters entering the islands are required to pay the following entry fee:
- Boats up to 35 feet: $150.
- Boats over 35 feet: $300.
Effective Jan. 1, 2020, the fees will be:
- Boats up to 34 feet: $150 for 3 months; $300 annually.
- Boats 35-100 feet: $300 for 3 months; $600 annually.
- Boats 100-150 feet: $500 for 3 months; $1,000 annually.
- Boats 150-200 feet: $800 for 3 months; $1,600 annually.
- Boats over 200 feet: $1,000 for 3 months; $2,000 annually.
The fees will cover a cruising permit and fishing permit, as well as the departure tax for up to three people. Each additional person will be charged a $20 departure tax. The fee is good for a second re-entry within a 90-day period.
For a stay longer than 12 months, special arrangements must be made with Bahamas Customs and Immigration. Office hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, with officers on call during holidays and weekends.
For more information, visit bahamas.com. Click here to find all forms needed to enter and exit the Bahamas.